Re: [mythsoc] Gormenghast Trilogy
- View SourcePut it back on your shelf (well, return it to the library if it was a library
book) and wait a few years. Sometimes time and experience changes your
- View SourceIn a message dated 06/29/2000 11:34:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
<< Sometimes time and experience changes your tastes. >>
True, very true. In either direction. We all know the little letdown of
revisiting a book we loved and finding it less than we remember.
Somehow I can't imagine ever reaching the point where I will be comfortable
reading The Alexandria Quartet or the Brothers Karamazov. But one never
knows..... What else are we individually finding difficult to digest?
- View SourceOn Thu, 29 Jun 2000 ERATRIANO@... wrote:
> What else are we individually finding difficult to digest?I personally find it difficult to digest almost any recent fantasy
bestseller (Robert Jordan, David Eddings, to name two I've seriously
tried), except for the Harry Potter books, which go down easy.
- not responsible for the following bestseller -
- View SourceIn a message dated 6/29/00 1:06:35 PM Central Daylight Time,
<< I personally find it difficult to digest almost any recent fantasy
bestseller (Robert Jordan >>
Here, here....I find most of them to be written for 10th graders. I've tried
Robert Jordan and had to scratch my head wondering what all the fuss was