FW: Mythopoeic Press

  • Oberhelman, D
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 23, 2006
      Lisa,

      Looks like we were undercharged last time from what Austin says, so the amount he quoted us is correct.

      On the Williams book I did look at the records and we paid $400 last time. With Past Watchful Dragons coming out soon, I am thinking we might have to wait on the Williams reprint because of the increased cost. That is a more expensive volume, so I will have to see how much a reprint of 300 would cost.

      David

      **************************************

      David D. Oberhelman

      Associate Professor

      Humanities-Social Sciences Division

      Oklahoma State University Library

      Stillwater, OK 74078

      Phone: (405) 744-9773 Fax: (405) 744-7579

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 23, 2006
        On Oct 23, 2006, at 1:24 PM, Oberhelman, D wrote:
        > With Past Watchful Dragons coming out soon . . .

        Um, has anybody at the Mythopoeic Press noticed that there's already
        a fairly famous book about CSL by that title? Wouldn't it be better
        for a new book to have a different title than an established book in
        the same field? At the very least, some folks might not order it
        because they think they've already got it.

        --John R.
      • Croft, Janet B.
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 24, 2006
          Well, that was the name of the conference, so we can't change it
          completely. It does have a subtitle indicating that it consists of
          conference papers.

          Janet Brennan Croft
          Head of Access Services
          University of Oklahoma Libraries
          Bizzell 104NW
          Norman OK 73019
          405-325-1918
          Fax 405-325-7618
          jbcroft@...
          http://libraries.ou.edu/

          "We cannot abandon what we are fighting to defend; that would make our
          self-defence indefensible." Harriet Vane in A Presumption of Death, Jill
          Paton Walsh and Dorothy L. Sayers

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 24, 2006
            There is the potential for confusion, and there's certainly no law that says the proceedings of a conference must have the same title as the conference, but Hooper's "Past Watchful Dragons" is old, out of print as far as I know, and not that prominent, as well as being a single-author book and not itself a collection. So I think the confusion potential is low enough that choice of title isn't disastrous.

            - David Bratman