Re: [mythsoc] Santorum evokes Tolkien

  • Jonathan Michael Reiter
    Message 1 of 39 , Oct 21, 2006
      Good Question. What?
      I have to agree with you; I think the case is that Santorum neither read the book, and is dismissing it.
      If he did read it, he can't have understood it even vaguely, and dismissed it, out of hand, anyhow...
      Good Lord Hairy.
      I have a feeling this is another GWB in the making...
      Jonathan Michael Reiter
      jmr
      Message 39 of 39 , Oct 29, 2006
        Here is a copy of the poem, it is in The Fellowship of The Ring.

        The Road goes ever on and on
        Down from the door where it began.
        Now far ahead the Road has gone,
        And I must follow, if I can,