Re: [mythsoc] George Lucas's Lord of the Rings

  • Mike Foster
    Message 1 of 39 , Oct 20, 2006
      Dan Dimitroff of the Far Westfarthing smial was the source of this. We
      will chortle over this while discussing Ch. 13-15 of The Silmarillion at
      the Peoria Pizza Works this afternoon; we'll need all the chortles we
      can get.

      Mike

      John D Rateliff wrote:

      >I was lucky enough to be forwarded this yesterday, and thought I'd
      >share the wealth.
      >Short version: it shows us the bullet we dodged when LotR didn't fall
      >into Lucas's hands.
      >If you worship George L. like unto a god, or don't enjoy parody, I
      >advise you to skip it.
      >

      >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv4Potdpjhw

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • ajkjr1
      Message 39 of 39 , Oct 29, 2006
        Here is a copy of the poem, it is in The Fellowship of The Ring.

        The Road goes ever on and on
        Down from the door where it began.
        Now far ahead the Road has gone,
        And I must follow, if I can,