Re: The Iron Lance

  • Donovan Mattole
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2000
      --- In mythsoc@egroups.com, director@... wrote:
      > Hi:
      > I've just signed up for this new list. I'm a public library
      director in Wisconsin. I've just finished reading Stephen Lawhead's
      new book "The iron lance" which I found quite enjoyable. Anybody
      else read this yet?

      I read it when it came out in 1998. I found it slow going, but that
      was partially due to the fact that I read it in brief snippets while
      riding the MAX (Portland transit train) to work each day - it took a
      month to get through it. I just started The Black Rood this week.
      I've had it sitting on my desk since December and I have kept passing
      it over due to memories of The Iron Lance dragging - from what I can
      tell so far he picked up the pace and I'm enjoying it. I'll let you
      know my final feelings as soon as I'm done. I loved Avalon - it was
      a fun read.

      Donovan Mattole