Re: [mythsoc] more on Gedo Senki (Earthsea anime)

  • David Emerson
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 10, 2006
      >The "Tales of Earthsea" movie is now out in Japan and doing very
      >well, although reviews are apparently mixed. The general consensus
      >seems to be that it's very pretty but that as a director Miyazaki Jr.
      >is no Miyazaki. ...
      > The film won't be out over here until 2009 at the earliest....
      >Also recently heard the cd-single of the theme song, which I found
      >hauntingly beautiful.

      Thanks for the info, John. I'm a big Miyazaki (Sr.) fan myself, and I'm very much looking forward to this, even with the lukewarm reviews.

      David Emerson

      PeoplePC Online
      A better way to Internet
      http://www.peoplepc.com
    • Diane Joy Baker
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 11, 2006
        Thanks for the information, Olaf.

        GRRM is also a gamer (heh, heh!) I also saw the Game book for the d20 RPG
        system, though didn't dare pick it up; I'm afraid it would stick to my
        hands, and I'd leave the store with it, after it made a considerable hole in
        my budget. Hard enough putting down the book on the artwork. (PB of # 4
        coming out; alas, I really preferred the covers on the earlier editions.
        Much richer.) ---djb

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 11, 2006
          Diane Joy Baker wrote,

          >GRRM is also a gamer (heh, heh!)

          That would explain a lot about his fiction.