Re: [mythsoc] Having ...

  • mafoster@hughes.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2006
      Blast! I should've known that! Wikipedia again? A very interesting
      piece there recently on how much Tolkien's THE HOBBIT was influenced by
      the CHRONICLES OF NARNIA and how much, in turn, J.M. Barrie's PETER PAN
      borrowed from both THE HOBBIT and Lewis' MAIN STREET.

      MAF
    • Croft, Janet B.
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2006
        Oh my gosh, really? Although I shouldn't be surprised. I got a paper
        once on how Beowulf influenced Shakespeare...so it isn't enough to just
        howl "CHECK THE DATE IT WAS WRITTEN," you also have to say "CHECK THE
        PUBLICATION DATE!"

        Janet

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2006
          Huh, and all this time I thought it was Rawling....