Re: Children of Hurin

  • Fernando C.S.
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 20, 2006
      Tolkien News (http://tolkiennews.net) has informed that the Tolkien
      Estate has launched it own official website:

      http://www.tolkienestate.com/

      If the website is not fake, it endorses the information about the
      publication in April 2007.

      Currently it only has the homepage, but it is stated that the website
      is under construction and that it will be online in the same address
      next spring -with information on J. R. R. Tolkien and studies of his
      works in multiple languages.

      Regards,
      Fernando
    • taleofgondolin
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2006
        Here is more info, plus you can pre-order the book. Here is also a
        quote from Harper Collins that says that since 2001 50 millions copies
        of LOTR were sold.

        http://www.tolkienlibrary.com/press/newtolkienbook.htm

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Oberhelman, D" <d.oberhelman@...> wrote:

        > Michael Drout talks about the contents on his blog. It will have a
        new map and artwork by Alan Lee:

        > http://wormtalk.blogspot.com/2006/09/j.html
        >

        > **************************************
        > David D. Oberhelman
        > Associate Professor
        > Humanities-Social Sciences Division
        > Oklahoma State University Library
        > Stillwater, OK 74078
        > Phone: (405) 744-9773 Fax: (405) 744-7579
        > Email: d.oberhelman@...

      • Fernando C.S.
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 6, 2006
          Smial Dor-Lómin of the Spanish Tolkein Society and Fantasymundo.com
          phone interview with Adam Tolkien (Tolkien Estate):

          http://www.dor-lomin.org/noticias/noticias.php?
          pagina=0&anillotolkien=1504

          It begins with a transcription in Spanish of this interview, but at
          the bottom it has the original interview in English. It has
          commentaries on The Childrens of Húrin and the movie of The Hobbit.