Re: [mythsoc] Children of Hurin

  • Vincent Ferré
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 20 1:28 AM
      Thank you, Wendell. It is an interesting figure, since it is reliable.

      best wishes

      Vincent

      > A German grad student who was one of the speakers at Tolkien 2005 in
      > Birmingham last year told me this. He was working on a Ph.D. thesis
      [...]
      > Wendell Wagner
    • Fernando C.S.
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 20 4:50 PM
        Tolkien News (http://tolkiennews.net) has informed that the Tolkien
        Estate has launched it own official website:

        http://www.tolkienestate.com/

        If the website is not fake, it endorses the information about the
        publication in April 2007.

        Currently it only has the homepage, but it is stated that the website
        is under construction and that it will be online in the same address
        next spring -with information on J. R. R. Tolkien and studies of his
        works in multiple languages.

        Regards,
        Fernando
      • taleofgondolin
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 2, 2006
          Here is more info, plus you can pre-order the book. Here is also a
          quote from Harper Collins that says that since 2001 50 millions copies
          of LOTR were sold.

          http://www.tolkienlibrary.com/press/newtolkienbook.htm

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Oberhelman, D" <d.oberhelman@...> wrote:

          > Michael Drout talks about the contents on his blog. It will have a
          new map and artwork by Alan Lee:

          > http://wormtalk.blogspot.com/2006/09/j.html
          >

          > **************************************
          > David D. Oberhelman
          > Associate Professor
          > Humanities-Social Sciences Division
          > Oklahoma State University Library
          > Stillwater, OK 74078
          > Phone: (405) 744-9773 Fax: (405) 744-7579
          > Email: d.oberhelman@...

        • Fernando C.S.
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 6, 2006
            Smial Dor-Lómin of the Spanish Tolkein Society and Fantasymundo.com
            phone interview with Adam Tolkien (Tolkien Estate):

            http://www.dor-lomin.org/noticias/noticias.php?
            pagina=0&anillotolkien=1504

            It begins with a transcription in Spanish of this interview, but at
            the bottom it has the original interview in English. It has
            commentaries on The Childrens of Húrin and the movie of The Hobbit.