Re: [mythsoc] Children of Hurin

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 19, 2006
      In a message dated 9/19/2006 9:51:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      mafoster@... writes:

      The student in question would be Marcel Buelles of Tolkien
      Gesellschaft. Marcel Buelles <_marcel.buelles@..._
      (mailto:marcel.buelles@...) >

      Thanks, Mike.

    • Vincent Ferré
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 20, 2006
        Thank you, Wendell. It is an interesting figure, since it is reliable.

        best wishes

        Vincent

        > A German grad student who was one of the speakers at Tolkien 2005 in
        > Birmingham last year told me this. He was working on a Ph.D. thesis
        [...]
        > Wendell Wagner
      • Fernando C.S.
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 20, 2006
          Tolkien News (http://tolkiennews.net) has informed that the Tolkien
          Estate has launched it own official website:

          http://www.tolkienestate.com/

          If the website is not fake, it endorses the information about the
          publication in April 2007.

          Currently it only has the homepage, but it is stated that the website
          is under construction and that it will be online in the same address
          next spring -with information on J. R. R. Tolkien and studies of his
          works in multiple languages.

          Regards,
          Fernando
        • taleofgondolin
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 2, 2006
            Here is more info, plus you can pre-order the book. Here is also a
            quote from Harper Collins that says that since 2001 50 millions copies
            of LOTR were sold.

            http://www.tolkienlibrary.com/press/newtolkienbook.htm

            --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Oberhelman, D" <d.oberhelman@...> wrote:

            > Michael Drout talks about the contents on his blog. It will have a
            new map and artwork by Alan Lee:

            > http://wormtalk.blogspot.com/2006/09/j.html
            >

            > **************************************
            > David D. Oberhelman
            > Associate Professor
            > Humanities-Social Sciences Division
            > Oklahoma State University Library
            > Stillwater, OK 74078
            > Phone: (405) 744-9773 Fax: (405) 744-7579
            > Email: d.oberhelman@...

          • Fernando C.S.
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 6, 2006
              Smial Dor-Lómin of the Spanish Tolkein Society and Fantasymundo.com
              phone interview with Adam Tolkien (Tolkien Estate):

              http://www.dor-lomin.org/noticias/noticias.php?
              pagina=0&anillotolkien=1504

              It begins with a transcription in Spanish of this interview, but at
              the bottom it has the original interview in English. It has
              commentaries on The Childrens of Húrin and the movie of The Hobbit.