Southwest/Texas Popular Culture Ass'n: Libraries and Archives Area

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11 11:10 AM
      Slightly off-topic, but I know there are a lot of librarians in this
      group. Edith Crowe and I have presented here on Tolkien scholarship.
      It's a great conference!

      Janet

      * * * Call for Papers * * *

      Libraries, Archives, Museums and Popular Culture Area
      of
      Southwest/Texas Popular Culture Assn.
      &
      Southwest/Texas American Culture Assn.

      2007 Annual Conference
      Hyatt Regency Albuquerque * Albuquerque, New Mexico

      February 14-17, 2007

      For more details, visit the Association's web site at
      http://www.swtexaspca.org/

      The Libraries, Archives, Museums and Popular Culture area solicits paper
      proposals from librarians, graduate students, library school faculty,
      collectors, writers, and other aficionados (yes! including people who
      use libraries, archives, and museums!) of popular culture and
      information settings of all types! We also encourage proposals for
      slide shows, video presentations, workshop formats, and panels organized
      around common themes. Among previous presentations were an overview of
      collection development for feminist spirituality, images of librarians
      in comics and movies, and discussions about petroglyphs and scrapbooks.

      Some suggested topics:
      * electronic information-seeking habits
      * intellectual freedom issues related to popular culture resources
      * book clubs and reading groups
      * reports of research studies of popular culture & libraries,
      archives, or museums
      * marketing popular culture materials to library, archives, or
      museum users
      * collection building and popular culture resources
      * organization and description of popular culture resources
      * new media formats and popular culture in libraries, archives, or
      museums
      * knowledge management issues
      * profiles of popular culture resources
      and other topics welcome!!!

      Send a 200-word abstract to the Area Co-Chairs by November 15, 2006.
      Include your complete mailing address, school or other affiliation,
      e-mail address, telephone number, and fax number. Graduate students are
      encouraged to present, and to apply for the graduate paper prizes listed
      at http://www.h-net.org/~swpca/Awards/awards.htm

      Janet Brennan Croft
      Head of Access Services
      Bizzell Library NW104
      University of Oklahoma
      Norman, OK 73019-6030
      PHONE (405) 325-1918
      FAX (405) 325-7618
      e-mail: jbcroft@...

      Rhonda Harris Taylor
      School of Library and Information Studies
      401 West Brooks, Room 120
      University of Oklahoma
      Norman, OK 73019-6032
      PHONE (405) 325-3921
      FAX (405) 325-7648
      e-mail: rtaylor@...

      Janet Brennan Croft
      Head of Access Services
      University of Oklahoma Libraries
      Bizzell 104NW
      Norman OK 73019
      405-325-1918
      Fax 405-325-7618
      jbcroft@... <mailto:jbcroft@...>
      http://libraries.ou.edu/
      "We cannot abandon what we are fighting to defend; that would make our
      self-defence indefensible." Harriet Vane in A Presumption of Death, Jill
      Paton Walsh and Dorothy L. Sayers