Hobbit Movie?

  • Marcie Geffner
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11, 2006
      Hi all,

      A recent story in Variety is making the rounds of movie Web sites. A
      snippet, quoted elsewhere, says MGM is soon to unveil:

      "one or two installments of 'The' Hobbit,' which [studio chief] Sloan hopes
      will be directed by Peter Jackson."

      Speculation here in Los Angeles is that New Line and MGM have cut a deal
      with respect to the rights.

      Might be a Hollywood rumor. Might be true.

      Marcie

    • John D Rateliff
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 11, 2006
        Let's hope.
        --JDR

        On Sep 11, 2006, at 8:46 AM, Marcie Geffner wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > A recent story in Variety is making the rounds of movie Web sites. A
        > snippet, quoted elsewhere, says MGM is soon to unveil:
        >
        > "one or two installments of 'The' Hobbit,' which [studio chief]
        > Sloan hopes
        > will be directed by Peter Jackson."
        >
        > Speculation here in Los Angeles is that New Line and MGM have cut a
        > deal
        > with respect to the rights.
        >
        > Might be a Hollywood rumor. Might be true.
        >
        > Marcie
      • Carl F. Hostetter
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 11, 2006
          I'll hope for your sake, John, but certainly not for Tolkien's or the
          story's!

          Carl