Into the Woods - Atlanta Art Show Invitation

  • jef.murray
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11, 2006
      Aiya ar mae govannen!

      I'd like to invite all Mythsoc folk that happen to be in Atlanta
      this Friday to swing by the opening reception for "Into the Woods:
      Tales of Myth & Magic". The reception for will run from 7-9pm, Friday
      Sept. 15, in the Defoor Centre (see http://www.defoorcentre.com/site/
      ). We'll have some light munchies and a cash bar, and the event itself
      is free.

      "Into The Woods" is a showing of over 60 of my latest oil-on-canvas
      paintings and oil-on-wood "cutouts". The works include a sampling of
      sacred, Tolkien-themed, Lewis-themed, and fairy tale images. For a
      brochure of the show and/or to learn more, please see my website at:

      http://www.JefMurray.com

      The show and the reception should be a lot of fun! And there will
      be plenty there for Mythsoc folk and for kids of all ages: dragons,
      unicorns, mermaids, hobbits, plus scenes from the Shire, from Narnia,
      from Lothlorien, Rivendell, and even from Aslan's country.

      Please spread the word! All are invited! And please don't hesitate
      to come if you never purchase original artwork; this is, more than
      anything else, a celebration of the mythical, and a great excuse for a
      party!

      Hope to see many of you there...please email me if you have questions!

      Nai Eru laitalyƫ (may God bless you)

      Jef
    • Marcie Geffner
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 11, 2006
        Hi all,

        A recent story in Variety is making the rounds of movie Web sites. A
        snippet, quoted elsewhere, says MGM is soon to unveil:

        "one or two installments of 'The' Hobbit,' which [studio chief] Sloan hopes
        will be directed by Peter Jackson."

        Speculation here in Los Angeles is that New Line and MGM have cut a deal
        with respect to the rights.

        Might be a Hollywood rumor. Might be true.

        Marcie

      • John D Rateliff
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 11, 2006
          Let's hope.
          --JDR

          On Sep 11, 2006, at 8:46 AM, Marcie Geffner wrote:
          > Hi all,
          >
          > A recent story in Variety is making the rounds of movie Web sites. A
          > snippet, quoted elsewhere, says MGM is soon to unveil:
          >
          > "one or two installments of 'The' Hobbit,' which [studio chief]
          > Sloan hopes
          > will be directed by Peter Jackson."
          >
          > Speculation here in Los Angeles is that New Line and MGM have cut a
          > deal
          > with respect to the rights.
          >
          > Might be a Hollywood rumor. Might be true.
          >
          > Marcie
        • Carl F. Hostetter
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 11, 2006
            I'll hope for your sake, John, but certainly not for Tolkien's or the
            story's!

            Carl