Re: [mythsoc] literary sabotage

    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 10, 2006
      As the article that John Rateliff submitted was shy on this subject, if you
      want to know what naughty word the forged letter's acrostic called A.N.
      Wilson - and warning, it is a very naughty word - read here:
      <http://books.guardian.co.uk/news/articles/0,,1859782,00.html>

      A friend tells me that Bevis Hillier, the other Betjeman biographer, has
      confessed to responsibility for the forgery. But I have not independently
      checked this.

      - David Bratman
    • Bonnie Callahan
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 9, 2007
        Hello fellows:

        I've been off-list for some time. One reason is that
        I've been looking after an early Mythopoeic personage,
        Jon Lackey. He was the producer of the "Greater
        Trumps" masque that was mounted at
        the second Mythcon in 1971. He had been in ill health
        for much of this previous year.

        I'm sorry to report that he passed away on February
        26th of cancer.
        .
        He was an enormous influence on my life, as well as
        many others. He was involved with the very
        first campaign to produce a film of "Rings" in 1957.
        A major contributor to the SCA, LASFS, a tutor and
        mentor to many, RenFair performer, artist, sculptor,
        costumer, composer, and so much more.

        Please pass this information on to anyone who might
        have known him, and have them contact me
        as regards a planned memorial.

        Thank you,
        Bonnie S. Callahan