One of these things is not like the other

  • John D Rateliff
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 9, 2006
      Just received a flyer for the plays being put on by a nearby little
      theatre over the next year, and thought it odd enough to be worth
      sharing. The five plays are Evita, Bye Bye Birdie, Shadowlands, Once
      Upon a Time in New Jersey, and The Who's Tommy. Four musicals, with
      the Lewis-Gresham story plopped right down in the middle. Eclectic,
      to say the least.
      --JDR
    • Bonnie Callahan
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 9, 2007
        Hello fellows:

        I've been off-list for some time. One reason is that
        I've been looking after an early Mythopoeic personage,
        Jon Lackey. He was the producer of the "Greater
        Trumps" masque that was mounted at
        the second Mythcon in 1971. He had been in ill health
        for much of this previous year.

        I'm sorry to report that he passed away on February
        26th of cancer.
        .
        He was an enormous influence on my life, as well as
        many others. He was involved with the very
        first campaign to produce a film of "Rings" in 1957.
        A major contributor to the SCA, LASFS, a tutor and
        mentor to many, RenFair performer, artist, sculptor,
        costumer, composer, and so much more.

        Please pass this information on to anyone who might
        have known him, and have them contact me
        as regards a planned memorial.

        Thank you,
        Bonnie S. Callahan