RE: [mythsoc] Landscape With Dragons P.S. (movies)

  • Jay Hershberger
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 8, 2006
      Berni Phillips: As a Catholic, it was a relief to read that sort of
      thing from a Catholic perspective --
      the Left Behind books are anti-Catholic.

      JH: The irony in all of this is that some of the same people who buy
      and read the Left-Behind series-fantasy in the pejorative sense-are the
      folks who think Tolkien and Lewis are satanic because they deal with
      witches, wizards, and magic-fantasy in the best sense.

      Hence, they read bad fiction with bad theology, and reject good fiction
      with good theology. Only in America.

      Cheers,

      Jay Hershberger
      Moorhead, MN

    • Bonnie Callahan
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 9, 2007
        Hello fellows:

        I've been off-list for some time. One reason is that
        I've been looking after an early Mythopoeic personage,
        Jon Lackey. He was the producer of the "Greater
        Trumps" masque that was mounted at
        the second Mythcon in 1971. He had been in ill health
        for much of this previous year.

        I'm sorry to report that he passed away on February
        26th of cancer.
        .
        He was an enormous influence on my life, as well as
        many others. He was involved with the very
        first campaign to produce a film of "Rings" in 1957.
        A major contributor to the SCA, LASFS, a tutor and
        mentor to many, RenFair performer, artist, sculptor,
        costumer, composer, and so much more.

        Please pass this information on to anyone who might
        have known him, and have them contact me
        as regards a planned memorial.

        Thank you,
        Bonnie S. Callahan