Re: [mythsoc] Tolkien Criticism

  • Vincent Ferré
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
      good evening,

      and if you're interested, I keep a record of academic works (= Master's
      degrees, MPhil, PhDs) in French - about 150 so far, for :
      http://pourtolkien.free.fr/recherche.html

      there's also a review on books written in French in the last _Tolkien
      Studies_ issue.

      best wishes
      Vincent

      > > I have a few other suggestions to add to the mix. This is a good review
      > > article of criticism after 1982 by Michael Drout and Hilary Wynne:
      > > http://members.aol.com/JamesIMc Nelis/9_2/ Drout_9_2. pdf
      >
      > Another good suggestion! I thought about this one, too, David. :)
      >
      > Looks like we were on the same wavelength in the reply I just sent
      Ashleigh.

      > Jason
    • Ashleigh Ward
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
        Thanks everyone! Some great suggestions there -- I think the example of
        French works will be an excellent way to demonstrate that critical interest
        in Tolkien is not limited to the English-speaking world. I do have access to
        Project Muse, so I'll go an check out those bibliographies right away.

        Thanks again,
        Ashleigh