Re: [mythsoc] Tolkien Criticism

  • Jason Fisher
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
      > I have a few other suggestions to add to the mix. This is a good review
      > article of criticism after 1982 by Michael Drout and Hilary Wynne:
      > http://members.aol.com/JamesIMc Nelis/9_2/ Drout_9_2. pdf

      Another good suggestion! I thought about this one, too, David. :)

      Looks like we were on the same wavelength in the reply I just sent Ashleigh.

      Jason
    • Vincent Ferré
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
        good evening,

        and if you're interested, I keep a record of academic works (= Master's
        degrees, MPhil, PhDs) in French - about 150 so far, for :
        http://pourtolkien.free.fr/recherche.html

        there's also a review on books written in French in the last _Tolkien
        Studies_ issue.

        best wishes
        Vincent

        > > I have a few other suggestions to add to the mix. This is a good review
        > > article of criticism after 1982 by Michael Drout and Hilary Wynne:
        > > http://members.aol.com/JamesIMc Nelis/9_2/ Drout_9_2. pdf
        >
        > Another good suggestion! I thought about this one, too, David. :)
        >
        > Looks like we were on the same wavelength in the reply I just sent
        Ashleigh.

        > Jason
      • Ashleigh Ward
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
          Thanks everyone! Some great suggestions there -- I think the example of
          French works will be an excellent way to demonstrate that critical interest
          in Tolkien is not limited to the English-speaking world. I do have access to
          Project Muse, so I'll go an check out those bibliographies right away.

          Thanks again,
          Ashleigh