RE: [mythsoc] Re: Native New Yorker @ MythCon37

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 23 9:47 AM
      I have to agree - it was beautiful, atmospheric, even charming in the many faces of New York that we see (it made me want to see New York, which I don't often think of as a place I want to visit), but what it may have been trying to say was ambiguous. Did it want me to learn something about the native history of New York and the interaction of the modern city with the descendents of those who used to live there? Or just present images to ponder? Maybe a map of sorts at the beginning, overlaying ancient settlements and paths with the modern city, and shown again from time to time to track his progress? Or maybe I'm too linear. Beautiful, though.

      Janet Brennan Croft

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 23 10:48 AM
        I too thought the film was beautiful, and the camera shots amazed me. I agree
        with a little exposition at the beginning might help those of us not as
        familiar with the history of New York. But overall a very affecting piece. True
        art. Thank you for bringing it! It added a lot of good to the Saturday night
        activities.

        Grace Monk

      • jane Bigelow
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 26 8:26 PM
          "Native New Yorker" left me wanting to know more. That's a
          compliment; an awful lot of films go on longer than necessary,
          imho. I can't quite think how anyone could add in exposition without
          spoiling the mood of it. Maybe now, in this more linear medium, we
          could have some background? It was beautiful in any case.

          Jane