Re: [mythsoc] Re: sad news re Mary Stolzenbach

  • Walkermonk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 7, 2006
      Her sons will be at her home this week, if you have that address. Otherwise
      you can send it to the parish and I'll make sure it gets to them. She was a
      rare friend and I will miss her greatly.

      St. Ignatius Orthodox Church
      4671 Peytonsville Road
      Franklin, TN 37064

      In a message dated 8/4/2006 10:57:02 PM Central Standard Time,
      whitby@... writes:

      Dear Grace,

      I am so sorry. I tried to send a message to the place her son had set
      up and it bounced back.
      May she rest in Peace. Is there an address to send a card or other
      condolence?

      Byrd

    • Ellen
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 11, 2006
        I was very sad to hear of Mary's passing. I only knew her from two
        Mythcons and this list, but I very much enjoyed her energy, costumes,
        and clerihews, not to mention her participation in this list and the MFA
        award committee list. I may not have always shared her opinions about
        books or other matters, but I always respected them. She will be
        sorely missed.

        I am enclosing in this email a glass of virtual invisible champagne (or
        your beverage of choice) and propose a toast : to Diamond Proudbrook.

        Ellen Denham

      • "Beregond. Anders Stenström"
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 11, 2006
          I only read this today, and found it sad indeed. I did
          not meet Mary many times (five, I think), but she was
          a luminous person that I will never forget.

          - Beregond
        • Anthony and Jessica
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 12, 2006
            Dear all,
            We read briefly before leaving for MythCon 37 that Mary had fallen and
            hurt herself--but did not learn until speaking with Edith that she had
            passed, the news of it was posted while we were traveling.
            We were devestated to say the least. The Nashville 2003 MythCon was
            our first and she really made us feel welcome, and emailing us a few
            times a week, making us feel one with the group and it was through
            Mary we were able to know who was who when we arrived. We shall never
            forget her warm heart and soul.
            For those friendly with her family please send our blessings.

            Best,
            Anthony and Jessica

            --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Beregond. Anders Stenström"