Re: sad news re Mary Stolzenbach

  • Patricia Vivien Yarrow
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 6, 2006
      Thank you for letting us know, Grace. I will always remember Mary,
      not only for her wit and her decided opinions, but also for her
      willingness to step into thankless tasks. She was a great help to us
      at the 2002 Mythcon registration room. I am very glad that she was
      with the Mythopoeic Fantasy Award Committee this year, as it gave all
      of us one more chance to know her.

      Pat Yarrow

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Walkermonk@... wrote:

      > Dear MythSoc List,
      >
      > Our dear friend Mary Stolzenbach died today, Thursday, August 3rd.
      Her

    • Walkermonk@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 7, 2006
        Her sons will be at her home this week, if you have that address. Otherwise
        you can send it to the parish and I'll make sure it gets to them. She was a
        rare friend and I will miss her greatly.

        St. Ignatius Orthodox Church
        4671 Peytonsville Road
        Franklin, TN 37064

        In a message dated 8/4/2006 10:57:02 PM Central Standard Time,
        whitby@... writes:

        Dear Grace,

        I am so sorry. I tried to send a message to the place her son had set
        up and it bounced back.
        May she rest in Peace. Is there an address to send a card or other
        condolence?

        Byrd

      • Ellen
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 11, 2006
          I was very sad to hear of Mary's passing. I only knew her from two
          Mythcons and this list, but I very much enjoyed her energy, costumes,
          and clerihews, not to mention her participation in this list and the MFA
          award committee list. I may not have always shared her opinions about
          books or other matters, but I always respected them. She will be
          sorely missed.

          I am enclosing in this email a glass of virtual invisible champagne (or
          your beverage of choice) and propose a toast : to Diamond Proudbrook.

          Ellen Denham

        • "Beregond. Anders Stenström"
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 11, 2006
            I only read this today, and found it sad indeed. I did
            not meet Mary many times (five, I think), but she was
            a luminous person that I will never forget.

            - Beregond
          • Anthony and Jessica
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 12, 2006
              Dear all,
              We read briefly before leaving for MythCon 37 that Mary had fallen and
              hurt herself--but did not learn until speaking with Edith that she had
              passed, the news of it was posted while we were traveling.
              We were devestated to say the least. The Nashville 2003 MythCon was
              our first and she really made us feel welcome, and emailing us a few
              times a week, making us feel one with the group and it was through
              Mary we were able to know who was who when we arrived. We shall never
              forget her warm heart and soul.
              For those friendly with her family please send our blessings.

              Best,
              Anthony and Jessica

              --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Beregond. Anders Stenström"