sad news re Mary Stolzenbach

  • Joan.Marie.Verba@sff.net
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 4, 2006
      I was sorry to learn about Mary, too. I spoke with her at a couple of Mythcons
      past. For the list, she forwarded a lot of interesting information, including
      the site to determine one's Hobbit names. (After that, she signed herself with
      her Hobbit name, Diamond P.)

      Joan
      Friendly Neighborhood Mythsoc List Administrator, currently missing Mary
    • Wingate/Williamson
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 4, 2006
        Dear Grace,

        I am so sorry. I tried to send a message to the place her son had set
        up and it bounced back.
        May she rest in Peace. Is there an address to send a card or other
        condolence?

        Byrd
      • Patricia Vivien Yarrow
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 6, 2006
          Thank you for letting us know, Grace. I will always remember Mary,
          not only for her wit and her decided opinions, but also for her
          willingness to step into thankless tasks. She was a great help to us
          at the 2002 Mythcon registration room. I am very glad that she was
          with the Mythopoeic Fantasy Award Committee this year, as it gave all
          of us one more chance to know her.

          Pat Yarrow

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Walkermonk@... wrote:

          > Dear MythSoc List,
          >
          > Our dear friend Mary Stolzenbach died today, Thursday, August 3rd.
          Her

        • Walkermonk@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 7, 2006
            Her sons will be at her home this week, if you have that address. Otherwise
            you can send it to the parish and I'll make sure it gets to them. She was a
            rare friend and I will miss her greatly.

            St. Ignatius Orthodox Church
            4671 Peytonsville Road
            Franklin, TN 37064

            In a message dated 8/4/2006 10:57:02 PM Central Standard Time,
            whitby@... writes:

            Dear Grace,

            I am so sorry. I tried to send a message to the place her son had set
            up and it bounced back.
            May she rest in Peace. Is there an address to send a card or other
            condolence?

            Byrd

          • Ellen
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 11, 2006
              I was very sad to hear of Mary's passing. I only knew her from two
              Mythcons and this list, but I very much enjoyed her energy, costumes,
              and clerihews, not to mention her participation in this list and the MFA
              award committee list. I may not have always shared her opinions about
              books or other matters, but I always respected them. She will be
              sorely missed.

              I am enclosing in this email a glass of virtual invisible champagne (or
              your beverage of choice) and propose a toast : to Diamond Proudbrook.

              Ellen Denham

            • "Beregond. Anders Stenström"
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 11, 2006
                I only read this today, and found it sad indeed. I did
                not meet Mary many times (five, I think), but she was
                a luminous person that I will never forget.

                - Beregond
              • Anthony and Jessica
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 12, 2006
                  Dear all,
                  We read briefly before leaving for MythCon 37 that Mary had fallen and
                  hurt herself--but did not learn until speaking with Edith that she had
                  passed, the news of it was posted while we were traveling.
                  We were devestated to say the least. The Nashville 2003 MythCon was
                  our first and she really made us feel welcome, and emailing us a few
                  times a week, making us feel one with the group and it was through
                  Mary we were able to know who was who when we arrived. We shall never
                  forget her warm heart and soul.
                  For those friendly with her family please send our blessings.

                  Best,
                  Anthony and Jessica

                  --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Beregond. Anders Stenström"