Re: [mythsoc] A couple of questions about Mythcon

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 24, 2006
      From: <WendellWag@...>

      > 1. Is anybody other than me bringing a banner for the procession (not
      > counting the Mythopoeic Society banner)?

      I think people just forget to bring their banners. I'm not sure who has the
      Khazad-
      dum banner, Ellie or Edith. Ellie made it, so it makes sense that she would
      have it,
      but she has a small apartment and Edith has a house. Ellie won't be coming
      this
      year so if she has the banner, that probably won't be coming either.

      Please bring yours anyway. It's a lovely tradition and it's a shame to give
      up on
      it because the rest of us are more forgetful or miss the procession.

      > 2. Is anyone other than me bringing books, etc. for the Society auction.
      > It
      > appeared that I contributed about half the books, etc. for the auction
      > two
      > years ago. The auction would be more interesting if more people
      > contributed
      > books, etc.

      We will probably be lazy and save the books for next year, since it's in our
      neck of
      the woods. On the other hand, maybe I'll bring a couple, telling myself
      that that's
      more luggage space I'll have on the way home.

      Berni
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 24, 2006
        Berni Phillips wrote:

        >We will probably be lazy and save the books for next year, since it's in our
        >neck of
        >the woods. On the other hand, maybe I'll bring a couple, telling myself
        >that that's
        >more luggage space I'll have on the way home.

        Oh, I think we can make a few contributions to the auction.

        - DB
      • Edith.Crowe@sjsu.edu
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 25, 2006
          Edith has the banner, but no room in her luggage this year. Banner is
          quilted and very fat; luggage is carryon only.

          Edith L. Crowe | (408) 808-2037 | edith.crowe@...
          Interim Collection Development Coordinator
          Art & Humanities Librarian & Coordinator of Graduate Instruction
          San Jose State University Library (http://www.sjlibrary.org)

          Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society (http://www.mythsoc.org)

          "Berni Phillips" <bernip@...>
          Sent by: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
          07/24/2006 07:00 PM
          Please respond to
          mythsoc@yahoogroups.com

          <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
          cc

          Subject
          Re: [mythsoc] A couple of questions about Mythcon

          From: <WendellWag@...>