Re: [mythsoc] A couple of questions about Mythcon

  • Mike Foster
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 24, 2006
      I hope to post a book to Janet as soon as I finish reviewing it. I will
      donate it on the condition that some one acting as my proxy hurl it into
      the Khazad-Dum Book Toss abyss after reading a pithy smidgeon of said
      review.

      Cheers,
      Mike

      Stolzi wrote:

      >Well, =I= mailed a big heavy box to Janet recently. Maybe not a lot of books by YOUR standards, Wendell :) but a lot.
      >
      >You can buy them all and take them home, to replace the ones you contributed two years ago :)
      >
      >Diamond Proudbrook

    • Berni Phillips
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 24, 2006
        From: <WendellWag@...>

        > 1. Is anybody other than me bringing a banner for the procession (not
        > counting the Mythopoeic Society banner)?

        I think people just forget to bring their banners. I'm not sure who has the
        Khazad-
        dum banner, Ellie or Edith. Ellie made it, so it makes sense that she would
        have it,
        but she has a small apartment and Edith has a house. Ellie won't be coming
        this
        year so if she has the banner, that probably won't be coming either.

        Please bring yours anyway. It's a lovely tradition and it's a shame to give
        up on
        it because the rest of us are more forgetful or miss the procession.

        > 2. Is anyone other than me bringing books, etc. for the Society auction.
        > It
        > appeared that I contributed about half the books, etc. for the auction
        > two
        > years ago. The auction would be more interesting if more people
        > contributed
        > books, etc.

        We will probably be lazy and save the books for next year, since it's in our
        neck of
        the woods. On the other hand, maybe I'll bring a couple, telling myself
        that that's
        more luggage space I'll have on the way home.

        Berni
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 24, 2006
          Berni Phillips wrote:

          >We will probably be lazy and save the books for next year, since it's in our
          >neck of
          >the woods. On the other hand, maybe I'll bring a couple, telling myself
          >that that's
          >more luggage space I'll have on the way home.

          Oh, I think we can make a few contributions to the auction.

          - DB
        • Edith.Crowe@sjsu.edu
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 25, 2006
            Edith has the banner, but no room in her luggage this year. Banner is
            quilted and very fat; luggage is carryon only.

            Edith L. Crowe | (408) 808-2037 | edith.crowe@...
            Interim Collection Development Coordinator
            Art & Humanities Librarian & Coordinator of Graduate Instruction
            San Jose State University Library (http://www.sjlibrary.org)

            Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society (http://www.mythsoc.org)

            "Berni Phillips" <bernip@...>
            Sent by: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
            07/24/2006 07:00 PM
            Please respond to
            mythsoc@yahoogroups.com

            <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
            cc

            Subject
            Re: [mythsoc] A couple of questions about Mythcon

            From: <WendellWag@...>