RE: [mythsoc] A couple of questions about Mythcon

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 24, 2006
      If you can get auction items to me at the address below by August 2, I
      am happy to schlep things down to the conference site! So far I do have
      boxes from Wendell and Stolzi, and I hope folks are bringing more items.
      If I have time (heh!) I may go through my library as well.

      Janet Brennan Croft
      Head of Access Services
      University of Oklahoma Libraries
      Bizzell 104NW
      Norman OK 73019
      405-325-1918
      Fax 405-325-7618
      jbcroft@...
      http://libraries.ou.edu/
      Committee Chair, Mythcon37, http://www.mythsoc.org/mythcon37.html and
      http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/C/Janet.B.Croft-1/ProgressReport1.htm

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 24, 2006
        I hope to post a book to Janet as soon as I finish reviewing it. I will
        donate it on the condition that some one acting as my proxy hurl it into
        the Khazad-Dum Book Toss abyss after reading a pithy smidgeon of said
        review.

        Cheers,
        Mike

        Stolzi wrote:

        >Well, =I= mailed a big heavy box to Janet recently. Maybe not a lot of books by YOUR standards, Wendell :) but a lot.
        >
        >You can buy them all and take them home, to replace the ones you contributed two years ago :)
        >
        >Diamond Proudbrook

      • Berni Phillips
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 24, 2006
          From: <WendellWag@...>

          > 1. Is anybody other than me bringing a banner for the procession (not
          > counting the Mythopoeic Society banner)?

          I think people just forget to bring their banners. I'm not sure who has the
          Khazad-
          dum banner, Ellie or Edith. Ellie made it, so it makes sense that she would
          have it,
          but she has a small apartment and Edith has a house. Ellie won't be coming
          this
          year so if she has the banner, that probably won't be coming either.

          Please bring yours anyway. It's a lovely tradition and it's a shame to give
          up on
          it because the rest of us are more forgetful or miss the procession.

          > 2. Is anyone other than me bringing books, etc. for the Society auction.
          > It
          > appeared that I contributed about half the books, etc. for the auction
          > two
          > years ago. The auction would be more interesting if more people
          > contributed
          > books, etc.

          We will probably be lazy and save the books for next year, since it's in our
          neck of
          the woods. On the other hand, maybe I'll bring a couple, telling myself
          that that's
          more luggage space I'll have on the way home.

          Berni
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 24, 2006
            Berni Phillips wrote:

            >We will probably be lazy and save the books for next year, since it's in our
            >neck of
            >the woods. On the other hand, maybe I'll bring a couple, telling myself
            >that that's
            >more luggage space I'll have on the way home.

            Oh, I think we can make a few contributions to the auction.

            - DB
          • Edith.Crowe@sjsu.edu
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 25, 2006
              Edith has the banner, but no room in her luggage this year. Banner is
              quilted and very fat; luggage is carryon only.

              Edith L. Crowe | (408) 808-2037 | edith.crowe@...
              Interim Collection Development Coordinator
              Art & Humanities Librarian & Coordinator of Graduate Instruction
              San Jose State University Library (http://www.sjlibrary.org)

              Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society (http://www.mythsoc.org)

              "Berni Phillips" <bernip@...>
              Sent by: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
              07/24/2006 07:00 PM
              Please respond to
              mythsoc@yahoogroups.com

              <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
              cc

              Subject
              Re: [mythsoc] A couple of questions about Mythcon

              From: <WendellWag@...>