Re: [mythsoc] father christmas letters ?

  • Jason Fisher
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20, 2006
      I'm pretty sure they're in the Bodleian. At least, this was the conclusion I came to while researching "Manuscripts by Tolkien" for the Tolkien Encyclopedia (edited by Mike Drout), and it hasn't been challenged in fact checking. :) I don't have my notes handy, or I could give you a more definitive basis for this, but that's who has them, I believe. (It is possible that one of two individual letters may be in other collections.)

      Jason

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 20, 2006
        The ones reproduced in the most recent Houghton Mifflin edition are in the Bodleian as stated on the copyright page.

        **************************************
        David D. Oberhelman, Ph.D.
        Associate Professor
        Humanities-Social Sciences Division
        Oklahoma State University Library
        Stillwater, OK 74078
        Phone: (405) 744-9773 Fax: (405) 744-7579

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 20, 2006
          > The ones reproduced in the most recent Houghton Mifflin edition are in the Bodleian
          > as stated on the copyright page.

          And there you go! At least somebody had a copy handy to confirm. Thanks, David. :)