Tim Hildebrandt dies

  • John D Rateliff
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2006
      Just found out in passing today that Tim Hildebrandt died of diabetes
      on June 11th at age 67, survived by (among others) his twin brother
      Greg. Don't know if anyone here was a fan of his work, but thought
      I'd share the news. Personally, I thought the work of the Brothers
      Hildebrandt was to Tolkien art what Terry Brooks was to Tolkienian
      fantasy, but one of the brothers (I forget which one) was genuinely
      talented, producing a number of horrific landscapes and nightmare
      scenes.
      For those who are interested, his brother Greg's website
      (www.spiderwebart.com) has a tribute to his brother and images of a
      lot of their Tolkien and other art.