Writers Attending Mythcon

  • carnimiriel@ameritech.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 14 4:26 AM
      If you or someone you know is a writer who is planning to attend Mythcon and is not already participating in reading their work, please contact me offlist at edenham@... (not the address I use for this group. I am currently at a workshop where my email access is somewhat limited).

      I am organizing a group reading for 4-5 writers who would like to read an excerpt up to 10 minutes of their work, with time for questions and answers afterwards. If you have a novel or short story published, this would be a great way to promote it. If not but you are a fiction writer and are still interested in reading, please contact me anyway.

      I am looking forward to Mythcon in August!

      Ellen Denham
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 14 6:13 AM
        Speaking of writers attending Mythcon, I hope at some point we'll be given a
        list of all the writers who are attending Mythcon. Not just the fiction
        writers (who I presume are the only ones who will be part of this group reading,
        but also the nonfiction writers (mostly of books about the Inklings, I
        presume). I would like to be able to bring a few of their books along to get
        signed. I have already mailed the 49 books that I'm contributing to the Mythcon
        auction just so that I would have some space in my luggage for books for
        signing. There's no hurry about this request. It would just be nice to know
        about a week before Mythcon what writers will be there.

      • Croft, Janet B.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 14 6:23 AM
          Well, here's a list of those who will be participating in the bookstore
          signing. I'll add it to the progress report online today.

          Lois McMaster Bujold (GOH)
          Amy L Sturgis (GOH)
          Donald T. Williams
          Janet Brennan Croft
          Gene Doty
          Douglas "Dag" Rossmann
          Jane M.H. Bigelow

          If you are attending, aren't on this list, and want to be, please let me
          know so I can get the bookstore to order some of your books now!

          Janet Brennan Croft
          Head of Access Services
          University of Oklahoma Libraries
          Bizzell 104NW
          Norman OK 73019
          405-325-1918
          Fax 405-325-7618
          jbcroft@...
          http://libraries.ou.edu/
          Committee Chair, Mythcon37, http://www.mythsoc.org/mythcon37.html and
          http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/C/Janet.B.Croft-1/ProgressReport1.htm

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 25, 2006
            The list of writers who will be at the official signing is included in
            the progress report, below. Mark Hooker is in negotiations and might be
            added to the group. Also the list of attendees is current through
            yesterday's PayPal payments, so there may be a few writers attending but
            not participating in the signing.

            Janet http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/C/Janet.B.Croft-1/ProgressReport1.htm