Re: It isn't everyday you have a friend in the movies! "Peaceful Warrior" is abo

  • Lezlie
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24 10:39 AM
      David,

      "Peaceful Warrior" uses mythic themes and thinking to work with life
      issues -- it is based upon a book by a friend of mine.

      I was initially introduced to Dan's book, "The Way of the Peaceful
      Warrior" by a group of Mythopoetic Society members way back in '89 at
      a discussion group. (Shortly after the Berkeley conference, I think.)
      The book reads as "magical realism" -- and, although it is somewhat
      autobiographical, the movie takes many liberties. You would not have
      heard of it as it is an indy film that won't get great distribution or
      advance publicity, or much fanfare except as word-of-mouth will create.

      Dan is, of course, a bit of a "new age" guru-- but, is entirely
      sincere about his philosophy and lives it himself. So, what it's
      worth, I was excited to see a friend make it to the "big screen" --
      one who uses the idea of "bringing myth to life" as his chief mode of
      creative expression. Your pardon if this is something this group has
      moved on from -- Lezlie

      > Sorry if I have forgotten or missed earlier references to this, but
      this movie is entirely unknown to me. What's its relevance to the
      MythSoc list? A little context would help.

      There is a