RE: [mythsoc] Cover illustration of Del Rey paperback edition of THE SILMARILLION

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2006
      It's probably the Silmarils, somehow.

      Janet

      Pretty weird! I haven't seen anything quite like this since the
      sixties. Maybe the beachball thingy is a mushroom.

      Jane
    • Walter Padgett
      Message 2 of 3 , May 19, 2006
        Thingol coveting the *Nauglamír*, maybe, right before the Ruin of Doriath.

        On 5/19/06, Croft, Janet B. <jbcroft@...> wrote:

        > It's probably the Silmarils, somehow.
        >

        > Janet
        >

        > Pretty weird! I haven't seen anything quite like this since the
        > sixties. Maybe the beachball thingy is a mushroom.
        >
        > Jane

      • Walter Padgett
        Message 3 of 3 , May 19, 2006
          Oops! The Nauglamír only had one Silmaril, so probably not Thingol.
          Could it be Feanor blending light from the Wells of Varda?