Leigh Ann

  • David Lenander
    Message 1 of 4 , May 19 11:03 AM
      I remember Leigh Ann from the '88 Mythcon. She was a live wire, and
      rode in our van as we toured the Kesh sites at the end of the con. She
      and her "Plumed Water" co-star, who may have been her partner in life
      at that point (I think his name was David-something), staged an
      impromptu reprise of their scene from the play in front of the geyser,
      astonishing some of the non-Mythcon tourists at the site of the
      original "Plumed Serpent" geyser. She brought amazing energy and
      intensity to whatever she focused on, based upon my brief acquaintance
      of one weekend. I vaguely think I may have seen her again at a later
      Mythcon, but only briefly (perhaps she came to just a Bardic circle). I
      had no idea that she was a member of Annwn, and would have sought the
      albums out earlier, if I had known. (on David B's recommendation, "one
      of the best in my collection," I'd recommend that everyone seek it out,
      if any copies are still to be found anywhere--it has to be truly
      special).

      I have some photos from that Mythcon which I've been meaning to put on
      my .mac website for a while, including Leigh Ann in front of the
      erupting "Plumed Serpent," which I'll try to put up soon in memory.

      David Lenander
      d-lena@... or david_lenander@...
      2095 Hamline Ave. N.
      Roseville, MN 55113
      651-292-8887 or 651-697-1807
    • Lisa Padol
      Message 2 of 4 , May 20 11:20 AM
        A friend of mine played her song, "Uncle's Gun" for me, back in 80s, I
        think. I met her at, I think, Esotericon soon after, and got the words,
        and talked about music and magic and stuff. It's odd missing someone
        I've not seen for years and hadn't exactly expected to run into, but
        I'm missing her.

        -Lisa

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Lezlie
        Message 3 of 4 , May 21 9:09 AM
          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, David Lenander <d-lena@...> wrote:
          > (I think his name was David-something),

          David Oster-- they both moved on in the '90s. The plays they staged
          are legendary --

          Lezlie
        • alexeik@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , May 21 3:47 PM
            A friend of mine played her song, "Uncle's Gun" for me, back in 80s, I
            think. I met her at, I think, Esotericon soon after, and got the words,
            and talked about music and magic and stuff. It's odd missing someone
            I've not seen for years and hadn't exactly expected to run into, but
            I'm missing her.

            -Lisa

            <<

            That's right, she did attend one of the last Esotericons. She helped me
            with my own presentation there, and she was on several panels
            (she'd originally come with Diana Paxson).
            Alexei