-- sad news --

  • lezlie1@znet.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 18, 2006
      Hello--

      I thought you would all like to know this. This is sad and sudden. Leigh
      Anne was a wonderful and well loved fiddle player and member of both the
      magical, musical comminuties and Berkeley in general. I am out of words to
      describe how I feel. My heart goes out to all who know her and love her.
      Blessed be, Lezlie

      +++++++++++++

      Sad news...apparently Leigh Anne Hussey has died in a motorcycle accident.

      Mu

      Mark Ungar

      --
      Systems Approaches in Arts-Informed Inquiry
      Exploratory Group Chairs: Lezlie Kinyon, Ph.D & Bela A. Banathy Ph.D.

      Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in
      a fruit salad.

      http://www.isss.org/conferences/sonoma2006/
      Sonoma 2006: The 50th Annual Meeting of the International Society for the
      Systems Sciences
      Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, California, USA
      July 9th - 14th 2006

      Debora Hammond, ISSS President 2005-2006, hammond@...
      Message 2 of 5 , May 18, 2006
        At 08:11 AM 5/18/2006 -0700, you wrote:
        >Sad news...apparently Leigh Anne Hussey has died in a motorcycle accident.

        It's true. It happened Tuesday evening on a freeway in Livermore, California.

        Mythcon attendees may remember Leigh Ann from the 1984 and 1988 Berkeley
        Mythcons. At the earlier one, she gave a paper on the medieval Welsh
        Taliesin poem "The Battle of the Trees" and played the lead in that year's
        play, "The Wood Witch." At the latter, which was the year we had Ursula Le
        Guin as GoH, Leigh Ann was the committee's "Kesh consultant", producing
        Kesh musical instruments and led the procession with them, put on Le Guin's
        play "The Plumed Water", and on the post-con tour of the Valley of the Na
        was our source for herblore and much other useful information. She was
        lively, vivid, and intensely knowledgable about anything she turned her
        mind to.

        In later years she was primarily a musician (songwriter, singer, fiddler
        and pennywhistler) with folk and electric folk bands, especially one called
        Annwn whose album "Come Away to the Hills" is one of the best in my
        collection. Alas, it appears all the Annwn albums are out of print. The
        title phrase comes from a song by Leigh Ann, "The Bard's Exhortation to the
        Salaryman," a tribute to the beauties and healing power of nature in which
        she says:

        Come away to the hills
        Come away where the wine of life fulfills
        To the healing of your heart's ills
        Come away, come away.

        DB
      • Bonnie Callahan
        Message 3 of 5 , May 19, 2006
          Thank you David;

          I remember her well. She went by "Siobhan". Part of
          the Greyhaven group s I recall. Amazingly talented
          singer/composer, as I recall. I was in awe of her!

          She left a legacy worth keeping alive.

          Bonnie

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/DtIolB/TM

        • alexeik@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , May 19, 2006
            Message 5 of 5 , May 21, 2006
              Magical Acts Ritual Theater has created a page to remember Leigh Ann
              Hussey & to post your memories & tributes on.
              http://magicalacts.org/
              Click on her photo.

              Lezlie