Re: [mythsoc] news: Catholic Church contemplates fantasy / realism

  • Vincent Ferré
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2006
      absolutely John, that is what I hinted (hence the smiley :-)

      also, it depends on the definition of "realism" (label of 19th writers or new definitions) and "fantasy"

      best wishes

      Vincent
      It's possible to argue that Modernism carried realism another step
      forward into accurate depictions of psychological and emotional
      states, but of course the Modernists did not describe themselves as
      realist and in fact were in active revolt against the realism of the
      preceding generation.
      In fact, realism and fantasy were both present throughout the
      century, with a segue in dominance between them.