Re: [mythsoc] news: Catholic Church contemplates fantasy

  • Stolzi
    Message 1 of 6 , May 11, 2006
      That the greatest books of the century just past were fantastic rather than
      realistic, is also a thesis of Tom Shippey's in TOLKIEN: AUTHOR OF THE
      CENTURY.

      I also heard a very interesting talk at the PAST WATCHFUL DRAGONS conference
      last year which considered the Inklings as Modernists for a change.

      Site's still up:

      PAPER 3: Mythic Movements: Inklings, Modernists, and the Problem of
      Placement
      Andrew Lazo - Rice University

      http://campus.belmont.edu/cslewis/schedule.html

      Diamond Proudbrook