Re: [mythsoc] Re: Lindskoog & Hooper

  • Patrick Wynne
    Message 1 of 17 , May 4, 2006
      On May 4, 2006, at 6:56 AM, Kevin Bowring wrote:

      > I have frequently heard these criticisms of Hooper. What are the
      > major sources for this?
      > Kevin Bowring

      For starters, see Kathryn Lindskoog's book "Light in the Shadowlands:
      Protecting the Real C.S. Lewis" (Multnomah, 1994; ISBN 0880706953).
      If your local library doesn't have a copy, new and used ones are
      available
      on Amazon.com beginning at $2.99.

      -- Pat

      > ~-->
      > Everything you need is one click away. Make Yahoo! your home page
      > now.
      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/DtIolB/TM

    • John D Rateliff
      Message 2 of 17 , May 4, 2006
        On May 4, 2006, at 4:56 AM, Kevin Bowring wrote:
        > I have frequently heard these criticisms of Hooper. What are the
        > major sources for this?
        > Kevin Bowring

        The best place to start would be Lindskoog's 1978 article in
        CHRISTIANITY & LITERATURE; I believe the title was "Some Problems in
        C. S. Lewis Scholarship". Then came her 1988 book THE C. S. LEWIS
        HOAX. An expanded edition of this came out in 2001 under the title
        SLEUTHING C. S. LEWIS. She also started her own journal (THE LEWIS
        LEGACY) which was largely devoted to further presentation of her
        case, and many issues and articles from it are available online
        courtesy of the Discovery Institute (a leading Creationist thinktank
        right here in Seattle who have hosted several CSL events). A quick
        Google search should lead you to an interesting selection of pieces
        by her, as well as many challenges to her claims, enabling you to
        read about it first-hand rather than relying on summaries of who said
        what by myself and others (returning to primary sources: always a
        good thing).
        Hope this helps.
        --John R.
      • Kevin Bowring