Re: [mythsoc] Re: Lindskoog & Hooper

  • Kevin Bowring
    Message 1 of 17 , May 4, 2006
      I have frequently heard these criticisms of Hooper. What are the major sources for this?
      Kevin Bowring
    • Patrick Wynne
      Message 2 of 17 , May 4, 2006
        On May 4, 2006, at 6:56 AM, Kevin Bowring wrote:

        > I have frequently heard these criticisms of Hooper. What are the
        > major sources for this?
        > Kevin Bowring

        For starters, see Kathryn Lindskoog's book "Light in the Shadowlands:
        Protecting the Real C.S. Lewis" (Multnomah, 1994; ISBN 0880706953).
        If your local library doesn't have a copy, new and used ones are
        available
        on Amazon.com beginning at $2.99.

        -- Pat

        > ~-->
        > Everything you need is one click away. Make Yahoo! your home page
        > now.
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/DtIolB/TM

      • John D Rateliff
        Message 3 of 17 , May 4, 2006
          On May 4, 2006, at 4:56 AM, Kevin Bowring wrote:
          > I have frequently heard these criticisms of Hooper. What are the
          > major sources for this?
          > Kevin Bowring

          The best place to start would be Lindskoog's 1978 article in
          CHRISTIANITY & LITERATURE; I believe the title was "Some Problems in
          C. S. Lewis Scholarship". Then came her 1988 book THE C. S. LEWIS
          HOAX. An expanded edition of this came out in 2001 under the title
          SLEUTHING C. S. LEWIS. She also started her own journal (THE LEWIS
          LEGACY) which was largely devoted to further presentation of her
          case, and many issues and articles from it are available online
          courtesy of the Discovery Institute (a leading Creationist thinktank
          right here in Seattle who have hosted several CSL events). A quick
          Google search should lead you to an interesting selection of pieces
          by her, as well as many challenges to her claims, enabling you to
          read about it first-hand rather than relying on summaries of who said
          what by myself and others (returning to primary sources: always a
          good thing).
          Hope this helps.
          --John R.
        • Kevin Bowring