Mythlore 93/94 Announcement

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2006
      Mythlore 93/94 (v. 24, # 3/4) was mailed to all subscribers last Friday.
      Here is the table of contents for this hefty double issue:

      Hermeticism and the Metaphysics of Goodness in the Novels of Charles
      Williams
      Scott McLaren

      "The Golden Key": A Double Reading
      Bonnie Gaarden

      "In My End is My Beginning": The fin-negans Motif in George MacDonald's
      At the Back of the North Wind
      Catherine Persyn

      From Hades to Heaven: Greek Mythological Influences in C.S. Lewis's The
      Silver Chair
      Amanda M. Niedbala

      Forbidden Forest, Enchanted Castle: Arthurian Spaces in the Harry Potter
      Novels
      Alessandra Petrina

      Haggard's She: Burke's Sublime in a Popular Romance
      Dale J. Nelson

      Heorot or Meduseld? Tolkien's Use of Beowulf in "The King of the Golden
      Hall"
      Michael R. Kightley

      Tolkien in the Land of Arthur: The Old Forest Episode from The Lord of
      the Rings
      Corinne Zemmour

      Reimagining Rose: Portrayals of Tolkien's Rosie Cotton in Twenty-First
      Century Fan Fiction
      Amy H. Sturgis

      If you are a subscriber, enjoy! If you are not a subscriber, why not?
      Sample issues, including this one, will be on sale at Mythcon, or go to
      the society's website to order back issues or subscribe.

      Janet

      Janet Brennan Croft
      Head of Access Services
      University of Oklahoma Libraries