need Celtic (fiddle, etc.) players -- please forward

  • lezlie1@znet.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2006
      Hello!

      Our entry for the July Magical Acts Play/Rites festival, "he Girl Who
      Touched the Stars" will be full casted this week, please contact me ASAP if
      you would like to perform or pass this announcement along to anyone you
      think would. Contact me at lezlie@... or 510-848-7106. We are looking
      for a variety of players:

      A fiddler -- male, strong, baritone or tenor -- this is the lead role.
      A soprano -- she is a shamanic figure of the night and the starry sky
      A little girl
      Several musician/actors including (although not exclusively) interested in
      harp, bodhrán, fiddle, guitar, mandolin, uilleann pipes, other strings and
      winds. If you like to dance, even better. We suggest reading some WB Yeats
      and a few fairy tales for inspiration. This is not a “children’s play.”
      Everyone will wear many hats and fully participate in the creation this
      production.

      Rehearsals begin May 11. This is a high-energy ensemble piece of
      ritual/sacred drama (no polemics or overt religious themes) with lots of
      Celtic music. Contact us for cast/character breakdown & the date and place
      for auditions. We are particularly (although not exclusively) interested
      in harp, bodhrán, fiddle, guitar, mandolin, uilleann pipes, other strings
      and winds. If you like to dance, even better. We suggest reading some WB
      Yeats and a few fairy tales for inspiration. This is not a “children’s
      play.”

      Tech & design. We will create magic together. This play has an overall
      "fairy tale" look (Rackham meets Sendak). If you would like to work
      inlights or sound, or just help out for a day painting aflat, call
      510-848-8916.

      Students: There is a method for you to receive credit for this production.

      --
      Systems Approaches in Arts-Informed Inquiry
      Exploratory Group Chairs: Lezlie Kinyon, Ph.D & Bela A. Banathy Ph.D.

      Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in
      a fruit salad.

      http://www.isss.org/conferences/sonoma2006/
      Sonoma 2006: The 50th Annual Meeting of the International Society for the
      Systems Sciences
      Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, California, USA
      July 9th - 14th 2006

      Debora Hammond, ISSS President 2005-2006, hammond@...