CFP: Popular Culture Association of the South

  • falstaffhhd
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17 9:35 AM
      Below is the CFP for PCAS/ACAS. I am co-chair this year and would
      welcome submissions from listmembers.

      Thank you.

      CFP: Popular Culture & American Culture (May 26, 2006; Oct. 5-7,
      2006)

      The annual conference for the Popular Culture Association of the
      South/American Culture Association of the South (PCAS/ACAS)

      October 5-7, 2006

      PCAS/ACAS will hold its annual meeting and conference this fall in
      Savannah, GA at the Marriot Savannah Riverfront Hotel. The PCAS/ACAS
      invites proposals for papers, discussion panels, performances, and
      presentations on topics related to Popular or American Culture.

      Topics might include (but are in no means limited to): food and
      Foucault, Lost and literature, television and travel, comic books
      and Erskine Caldwell, science fiction and spy thrillers, gravestones
      and gender studies, Episcopalians and Faberge Eggs, fast food and
      phallic architecture, collectibles and country music, Shakespeare
      and salt shakers, Buffy and Bush, Mark Twain and movies, Southern
      culture and superheroes, the Inklings and the Internet, or musicals
      and mythology.

      In short, we welcome proposals on everything from Andrew Marvell to
      Captain Marvel.

      Papers are limited to a maximum reading time of 20 minutes. Send
      proposal title, abstract, and requests for audio-visual equipment
      (overhead, VHS/DVD/VCR, or carousel slide projector ONLY) to the
      Program Chairs (John, Sarah, and Hugh Davis) c/o:

      Hugh H. Davis
      English Department
      Saint Mary's School
      900 Hillsborough St.
      Raleigh, NC 27603
      HHDavis@...

      Submissions may be electronic. Deadline for proposals is May 26,
      2006.