An old fairy tale series

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2000
      Does anybody recognize the following fairy tale series? Last year at the
      birthday party of Miranda (daughter of Mary and Brick Barrientos from our
      Mythopoeic discussion group), Mary's mother mentioned to me a series of fairy
      tale books in which each book was a different color. I said, "Oh, you must
      mean the Andrew Lang series." Well, this year at the party, she told me that
      she ordered one of the Lang books, and that's not the series she remembers
      reading as a child. Can anyone suggest some other fairy tale series that she
      might have read? This is something that would have been in libraries in the
      early 1930's. The books in the series would have been known by the color of
      their covers.