Re: [mythsoc] Mark Twain visits Middle Earth

  • Mike Foster
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13 3:45 PM
      John,
      Since I read the Twain-Tolkien connection in your paper in the
      Blackwelder book yesterday, recalling it not from your Marquette talk

      because of time constraints

      , just after writing on Adventures of Tom Sawyer for the American
      Chesterton Society's Gilbert magazine, your argument forwarding Twain as
      fantasist seems one worth pursuing.

      Note also Twain's "autoplagiarism."

      Anon,
      Mike