Conference on Medievalism and the Marvelous

  • Patricia Vivien Yarrow
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2006
      I thought this might be of interest to some of our members, as Tom
      Shippey is a plenary speaker. - Pat

      From: SHARON ESTES <estes.43@...>
      Subject: CFP: Medievalism and the Marvelous (5/15/06; 10/12/06-
      10/14/06)

      Call for Papers:

      Proposals and inquiries are invited for the 21st International
      Conference on Medievalism, to be held at The Ohio State University,
      Columbus, Ohio, October 12-14, 2006. Plenary Speakers will include
      Tom Shippey (Walter J.
      Ong Professor of Humanities at St. Louis University) and Laurie
      Finke (Kenyon College). The theme for the conference
      is "Medievalism and the Marvelous," but we invite papers from all
      fields (languages, literatures, folklore and popular culture,
      history, art, music, etc.) on any aspect of the later reception and
      interpretation of the Middle Ages. Panel proposals are welcome.
      Please send proposals by May 15, 2006 to:

      Clare A. Simmons
      Department of English
      The Ohio State University
      164 West 17th Avenue
      Columbus, OH 43210-1370
      USA
      Or e-mail to simmons.9@...

      The conference hotel is the University Plaza (telephone +1-614-267-
      7461), which will also be hosting the banquet on October 13.
      Details about travel and accommodations will be posted in April.

      The conference is sponsored by The Ohio State University Department
      of English, the Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies, and the
      College of Humanities.