Re: "Times" reviewer channels Edmund Wilson, is roundly put down...

  • Lezlie
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31 9:17 AM
      Nay-saying the Beatles??? Now, *that is* blasphemy. <smile>

      I'll take Galadriel over those "wasting-away" love sick heroines who
      die tragically -- if operatically -- any old day.

      Of course, as warrior-pricess *fans* go, it may be the facat that
      Eowyn's creater wasn't obsessed by her tits but by her character that
      makes her less appealing to them. <she says sarcastically>. Lezlie

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Mike Foster <mafoster@...> wrote:

      > It's, yawn, the same old Opposing Viewpoints doo-dah that, as a
      > recovering newspaper reporter, I am accustomed to. One can always find
      > a Nay-sayer whether the topic be the Beatles or Shakespeare. Say,
      maybe
      > we can find an Oxford don to beat up on Will if we look hard enough.
      >
      > David Bratman wrote:
      >
      > >In a word, yes: he only thinks that Gueneveres and Iseults count.
      Anyone