Re: [mythsoc] Harry Potter

    Message 1 of 100 , Jun 24, 2000
      I don't put them in the top ten children's fantasy series, and I think a lot
      of other people who know fantasy don't either. It seemed to me that there
      was a lot of exaggerated praise for the books from adults who should have
      known better and probably did know better. They overpraised the books on the
      grounds that "Well, at least these kids are reading something." If one truly
      thinks the books are that good then it's acceptable to say that they're that
      good, but some of the praise the books got sounded strained to me.

      Wendell Wagner
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 100 of 100 , Aug 17, 2005
        From: "Stolzi" <Stolzi@...>

        > http://www.comics.com/comics/nancy/archive/nancy-20050817.html
        >
        > or
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/c5mr8

        Wow, I didn't know they were still publishing Nancy! I see they've updated
        the look of her aunt's but not Nancy herself. I guess it would be like
        Blondie and Dagwood getting different hairstyles. They're all prisoners of
        their hairdos.

        Berni