Sad news--Jane Yolen's husband dies

  • Edith.Crowe@sjsu.edu
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 23, 2006
      Thanks to David Lenander for passing along the information that Jane's
      husband, David Stempel, died yesterday. See her journal at
      http://www.janeyolen.com/journal.html for the announcement and information
      about the memorial service, etc. I'll be sending official condolences in
      the name of the Society.

      Edith L. Crowe | (408) 808-2037 | edith.crowe@...
      Art & Humanities Librarian & Coordinator of Graduate Instruction
      San Jose State University Library (http://www.sjlibrary.org)

      Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society (http://www.mythsoc.org)

    • Beth Russell
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 27, 2006
        Dear Edith,

        Here at last is an abstract for you to consider for Mythcon XXXVII. It
        is not about maps, but there will be plenty of maps to go with it.

        I would like to have one of the 1-hour time slots, and will need an
        overhead projector (for all those maps).

        Cheers,

        Beth
      • Beth Russell
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 27, 2006
          Dear Edith,

          Sorry! Hit the 'send' button instead of the 'insert' button minute ago.
          I try again!

        • Joan.Marie.Verba@sff.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 27, 2006
            Beth: this list doesn't accept attachments. I suggest sending your abstract
            directly to Edith at her e-mail address instead of to the Mythsoc list.

            Joan
          • Beth Russell
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 28, 2006
              Dear Joan, the FNMLA,

              Thank you very much for sending the abstract on. I wasn't paying
              attention when I sent it off the first time and did not notice that the
              message I used to get Edith's email address was actually through the
              Mythsoc list.

              Very embarrassing!

              Beth