Call for Papers--not Mythcon!

  • Edith.Crowe@sjsu.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2006
      Not sure I should be advertising the "competition" but...hope you're all
      planning to submit to Mythcon instead of or in addition to (my deadline
      April 15--how could you forget?)

      Call for Papers: J.R.R. Tolkien/C.S. Lewis

      The J.R.R. Tolkien/C.S. Lewis panel of the 2006 Mid-Atlantic Popular
      Culture/American Culture Association Conference seeks abstracts of papers
      (200-250 words) that address various aspects of each author's works.
      Discussion of the recent film versions of Lord of the Rings and Narnia are
      welcome. The chair is open to a wide variety of topics and approaches.
      The aim is to identify and characterize the recent wide acclaim given to
      both writers, both as serious thinkers and popular entertainers of broad
      and immense appeal.

      Choices of AV equipment are limited to DVD/VCR/monitor/audio cassette
      player/carousel and overhead projectors/screen.

      Deadline for submission is 15 June 2006.
      Conference meets at the Wyndham Baltimore Inner Harbor Hotel.
      Meeting dates are 27-29 October 2006.
      Please address e-mail to wxm3@...
      Hard copies of abstracts should be mailed to the following address:
      > Bill Mistichelli
      > English Department
      > PSU Abington
      > 1600 Woodland Road
      > Abington, PA 19001

      Include the following information with your submission:
      > Name
      > Professional Affiliation
      > Title of Paper
      > AV requirements
      > E-mail address
      > Posted Mail Address

      Edith L. Crowe | (408) 808-2037 | edith.crowe@...
      Art & Humanities Librarian & Coordinator of Graduate Instruction
      San Jose State University Library (http://www.sjlibrary.org)

      Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society (http://www.mythsoc.org)

    • Croft, Janet B.
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 21, 2006
        True, true -- alright, everyone, Mythcon calls first dibs on your
        papers! No reason you can't do both, of course, but I want to see y'all
        in Norman! (and I can still use volunteers and committee members --
        contact me off-list if you are interested.)

        Janet
        jbcroft@...
        http://www.mythsoc.org/mythcon37.html