co-chairing a Special Exploratory Group ... would love mythopoetic abstrcts ..

  • Lezlie
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 21 7:44 AM
      I am co-chairing a Special Exploratory Group at the

      Sonoma 2006: The 50th Annual Meeting of the International Society for
      the Systems Sciences Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park,
      California, USA July 9th - 14th 2006
      http://www.isss.org/conferences/sonoma2006/

      Abstracts are being reviewed RIGHT NOW -- although the deadline is
      upon us -- It is called (with link to guidelines):

      19.1 Systems Approaches in Arts-Informed Inquiry
      Exploratory Group Chairs: Lezlie Kinyon, Ph.D & Bela A. Banathy Ph.D.
      isss06lezlie@...
      babanathy@...
      http://projects.isss.org/Main/Sonoma2006CallsForPapers

      I would ***love to review*** (and, accept) a paper on Tolkien, CS
      Lewis or another topic relating to mythopoetics. This will be a major
      conference. The is also an award for a student presentation that is
      quite prestigious and and monetary:
      http://projects.isss.org/Main/VickersAward for guidelines.

      Lezlie Kinyon --
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 21 11:52 AM
        Sounds fascinating, and if I had the slightest idea what "Systems
        Approaches in Arts-Informed Inquiry" actually means, I would consider
        thinking over whether I had any Tolkien-related thoughts on the subject.
        As it is I've forwarded the call for papers to someone who might.

        - David Bratman

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 22 8:30 AM
          Great-- there is a description of what art-informed inquiry is in the
          call--- I can send some published refs. off-list. Love to have you.
          Lezlie