Joseph Pearce at UNK

  • Matt Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11, 2006
      Well, I didn't take notes and can't give a blow by blow report. However, it was enjoyable if pretty elementary. I had heard everything he had to say before. He seemed to take things more allegorically than I would but his opinions were interesting. He kept saying not to take things as straight allegory but he did it himself many times. Good speaker, though. He believes that the whole key to the LOTR is found in the appendix where it says that the ring was destroyed on March 25th, the same day that medievals celebrated the Annunciation and the Resurrection. Hence, the ring equals sin.

      Matt