Tolkien Collectors: FYI

  • Edith.Crowe@sjsu.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7 10:17 AM
      We are a promotion company based in Hamburg, and we would like to let you
      know about the new product released by Membran International that
      undoubtedly concerns whoever is interested in the works of Tolkien: the
      4CD
      Set ?Lord of the Rings?.

      This set is made of 4CDs plus a 108 page book in English and German,
      containing the 70 poems of ?Lord of the Rings? and the complete original
      artwork by Queen Margrethe of Denmark, which were very much liked by
      Tolkien
      himself, both available for the first time in a stand alone book.

      This is the final result of Caspar Reiff?s idea, who is also a guitar
      player in the famous Tolkien Ensemble. He has worked ten years to complete
      this project, involving more than 150 artists. No one less than
      Christopher
      Lee is the star guest voice, he emphasised the already magic atmosphere of
      this work with his baritonal tone, just as Sarumon could do. Musically the
      product represents a very gentle mixture of Folk and Classical.

      Reiff?s direct contact with Tolkien?s heirs, who are, as you might know,
      quite restricting with Tolkien?s work can guarantee the uniqueness of this
      product. This is by far not just another ?Lord Of The Rings? item .

      The musical adviser of the Tolkien Estate probably can give the most
      honourable opinion about it:
      ?I find this is the most interesting and exiting work. It reveals a close
      sympathy with the original work and a remarkable ability to vary the music
      not only in relation to the different styles and moods of the poems but
      also
      in relation to the different characters from whom the poems come?.

      dezibel promotion gmbh
      kroonst├╝cken 1-7
      d-22045 hamburg
      tel.: +49 40-63 66 53-64
      fax: +49 40-63 66 53-66
      www.dezibel-promo.de

      Edith L. Crowe | (408) 808-2037 | edith.crowe@...
      Art & Humanities Librarian & Coordinator of Graduate Instruction
      San Jose State University Library (http://www.sjlibrary.org)

      Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society (http://www.mythsoc.org)