Re: [mythsoc] someone from the past

  • Margaret Dean
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2006
      "J. Kriss White" wrote:

      > Also - there was a lady... I'm guessing she'd be 40s-ish now - I'm not
      > even sure I'm recalling her name correctly - Margaret Purdy or something
      > like that, who was head of a discussion group back east (New Jersey?
      > Philadelphia?). She used to come to the Mythcons in California,
      > and we corresponded for a while. I know this was awfully vague
      > information, but does anyone recall who I'm speaking of and know if
      > she's still in Mythsoc?

      Yes, I'm still here. :) I don't run Romenna anymore (the New
      York City/New Jersey area discussion group), mainly because I
      married, changed my name to Dean, and moved to Maryland. (Also
      because the group had made it once through The Silmarillion, The
      Hobbit, and The Lord of the Rings, and I don't think we felt up
      to tackling the History of Middle-earth at that point.)

      I'm still living in Maryland, in the little old town of Port
      Deposit near the mouth of the Susquehanna, with husband Rob and
      two sons, Norman and William. Norman just turned sixteen, and
      William is twelve. And yeah, I'll be hitting the big five-O in
      August of this year.

      Good to hear from you! I'm afraid I remember you only vaguely,
      mostly the name. Were you getting Romenna reports for a while?

      Anyway, yes, I'm still a member (I think? I may need to renew my
      actual membership, though I know I'm subscribed to Mythlore) and
      a listmember here. Welcome back!

      --Margaret Dean
      <margdean@...>
    • J. Kriss White
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2006
        Wow! Hi Margaret! I'll email you off-list later. I'm on my all-too-brief
        lunch break now, from teaching Social Studies to Navajo 6th & 7th graders
        at Crownpoint Middle School in New Mexico. Yes, that's quite a career
        change from when we knew each other back then. I'll fill you in more later.

        At 08:50 AM 3/3/2006, you wrote:
        >Yes, I'm still here. :) I don't run Romenna anymore
      • Bonnie Callahan
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2006
          Hi J.Kriss:

          I used to be Mrs. GoodKnight. I'm glad you're joining
          in again. Hope we can meet in Norman.

          the Cair Paravel & Smaug groups attritted
          away,(leaving individual members still in touch)
          but we still have the Mydgard bunch (small) who
          meet in Pasadena/Alhambra, Ca. every month. I'm
          presently doing casual liasioning between local
          Mythsoc folk and neo fans in 'Tolkien Forever'. We
          have some delightful activities. The latter are
          developing quite an interest in SCA/Renfair
          activities.

          if you'ld like to reply, feel free.

          best, Bonnie Callahan